Your home should be the safest place in the world for you and your family. However, there are often unseen hazards that occur if certain precautions aren’t taken. To protect your home and everyone in it from the dangers of a house fire, follow these safety tips.
The most common cause of house fires is the failure to use safety protocols when cooking. Fortunately, as long as you pay attention and keep prevention measures in mind, you can avoid a kitchen fire. Keep all flammable objects, such as towels and food packages, away from the burners on the stove. Don’t leave cooking food unattended, and keep an eye on children or pets while they are in the kitchen.
Having a washer and dryer in your home is certainly a convenience, but regular maintenance is necessary to keep the dryer from becoming a fire hazard. Clean dryer vents St Louis MO, at least once or twice a year to prevent lint buildup.
A portable heater can provide extra warmth during cold months. It can also cause a house fire if it gets tipped over or overheats. Don’t let the coils on the heater come into contact with anything flammable. The best way to do this is to keep a diameter of three feet around it.
Getting an alert at the first sign of danger is a great way to keep your family safe. Place smoke detectors throughout your home, particularly outside sleeping areas. Check the batteries frequently and test the detectors to ensure they continue to work properly.
There are several things in your home that can lead to a fire. There are also various preventative measures you can use to keep accidents from happening. Follow these fire safety tips to protect your home and your family.